Can you smell that?

...so I was chatting with Joy tonight while sitting here like a lump watching the tennis and I remembered a conversation we had at a bar called Angles in Hawaii. It was on our favourite sounds and smells and I think we have weird eardrums and nasal passages.



Sounds

- The crash of a beer bottle into the trash can at a bar

- A Boeing 747 taking off

- The ocean

- The telephone ring when it's someone you really want to hear from

- The buzzy sound that happens when a mosquito gets killed by a bug zapper

- My nephew's laugh

- The screech of the slot machine when you get the feature (hahaha I miss you Joy)



Smells

- Laundromats (I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of dryer sheets)

- Onions and garlic sauteing in butter

- Actually...anything sauteing in butter (Yes yes...I'm working on the weight loss)

- Subway when they've just freshly baked some bread

- Freshly cut grass in the summer time (This one is just me)

- My farts (Although this grosses everyone else out)



Speaking of farts...the worst farter ON EARTH is Stevie.



There was this one time (at band camp) when we were all sitting quietly at a cafe in Santiago (That's in Chile for the geographically-challenged. And Chile is in South America for the geographically-retarded). So we're sipping our coffee when this wave of ...putrid diahorrea and vomit crashed over us. I start to dry heave and ran out of the cafe supressing my gag reflex. I was soon followed by Jill and Rhandy. Last to leave was Steve who was uncontrollably giggling to himself, having reached the 10-out-of-10 of farts. You KNOW it's bad when you clear out a cafe.



Song of the day: "You Weren't In Love With Me" - Billy Field

Blog Archive