More Gym Ettiquette

...so I've been saving this post for a while but now I feel like I have enough material. After going to the gym 15 (!) days in a row in New York there have been quite a few, uhhhmmm let's just say, "experiences" that I've encountered which have lead me to refine the rules for gym ettiquette:

- Do NOT sit in the locker room and read the newspaper. Naked. Thanks to Ed for that one.
- Do NOT open someone's shower curtain while they're showering. This happened to me one unfortunate day in New York. This leads me to my next point...
- Do NOT scream when someone opens your shower curtain. This leads to a source of much amusement to the others in the locker room (Thanks Steve)
- Do NOT dress like you're going clubbing when you're working out. Just this morning I saw someone wearing a long sleeve shirt and cargo pants with a belt (what the?) on the treadmill.
- Do NOT take a shower when the hot water has run out at your gym. This happened to my friend Steve who was subsequently asked by an old man if "he needed to be kept warm".
- Do NOT forget to bring your towel. This can lead to an uncomfortable naked run to the shower.
- Do NOT shout "Woo Hoo!" when you break your record for 3kms on the treadmill. No one else in the gym cares.

On another note, only 19 more days for me as a 20-something. *sigh*

Song Of The Day: "Oye Mi Canto" - N.O.R.E.

Blog Archive