Gay Marriage

...so last night whilst watching Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (not bad, I give it 3.5 stars) I get a text message from my friend Justin in San Francisco who informed me that the gay marriage ban has been struck down by a California judge which is great news. It's still sometime before Matt and I go rushing out to pick out items for our wedding registry, but without weighing into all the politics of it, I think it's definitely a step forward.

Matt and I recently "registered" as a de facto couple (which in legalese is basically getting a Justice of the Peace - in our case the local pharmacist - to vouch that we've been living in sin for at least a year). We had to do this in order to get Matt on my private health insurance and let me tell ya, it wasn't that easy to do.

I do think that if we decide to get married (*cough*Bvlgari ring*cough*) I'd definitely want a huge party. There'd be a ton of international guests invited - and maybe this time Girlie will actually press the 'Submit' button when she purchases the airline tickets! :) Pre-ceremony drinks would be served by Abercrombie and Fitch models. En Vogue would regroup for one night to sing our wedding song ("Heaven (Candlelight Mix)" by DJ Sammy). A gospel choir would sing "Oh Happy Day" when the wedding celebrant (anyone want to become an internet minister and marry us?) says "You may kiss the groom". Steve and Rhandy will do a dance routine as my best men. Jonny and Ed would make out 'coz they just get swept up in all of the emotion. hee hee I've just lost my chain of thought. ;)

One day...

Song of The Day: "Everybody" - Martin Solveig

Blog Archive